The Sisters

The Sisters

Monday, April 25, 2011

This mom hasn't been cooking much!

Well it's hit that time of year where our schedule is as crazy as rush hour in Dallas.  My poor family has eaten alot of Taco Bell, McDonalds, and Cheezie's Pizza.  1 more month and I hope to soon return to the kitchen to cook yummy healthy meals for my family again.

I will be posting over the next few days some recipes that are simple throw it together and chow it down quick meals that we have used on the fortunate nights that the six of us gather together at the table.  Some of these easy meals to come will be Stuffed Taco Shells (sounds fancy, but trust me it's a BREEZE and Cheap!), Bleu Cheese Burgers, and Lasagna Casserole (this one freezes beautifully).

I have also discovered a few simple products out there in the grocery store that will now become stapels in the Fredin Pantry.  I think you will enjoy finding new ways to use them as much as I have.  Old El Paso has come out with Enchillada Stuffers they are found in the Mexican Food Aisle and right now a lot of stores have a rebate you can try them for free with.  We recently bought the Garlic Chicken.  It had CHICKEN AND RICE in the package already and all you do is pop it in the microwave for a few min and stuff away.  We filled Taco Shells the other night with them.  Another new Favorite is Philidelphia Cooking Cream (again you can get this for free at a lot of stores right now with the $1.50 off coupon found last month in the paper).  We love the Santa Fe Blend. Our Stuffed Taco Shells Recipe comes from this product.  For my vegetarian friends, we have fallen in love with Morning Star Crumbles! These are a great substituition for Beef in taco's, spaghetti sauce, and even Hamburger Helper!!!!!

Until I cook again, I hope you enjoy the quick simple recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment