The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Around the Fredin Table

Tonight's One Dish Bible Meal was Chicken and Brown Rice with Cheddar Broccoli (Steamers), Green Beans (from a can) and left over Spiced Apples. I know I am not supposed to be the sister doing it all in the crock pot, but I just added an additional work day to my load so the crock pot recipe was easiest today.

This recipe looked delish in the pot this morning and smelled even better when I came home from work!

Recipe:
1.5 lbs chicken breast (I used 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast to feed my family of 6)
3 Cans Cream of Chicken undiluted Soup
1 C Water
2C Instant Rice (I chose Whole Grain Brown Rice)
1/4 tsp paprika (didn't measure just sprinkled until the chicken breasts looked preety :) )
1/4tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4c chopped celery

Mix rice, water, celery and soup in the crock pot and then layer with the chicken breast and season. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I even left it on warming for an additional 2 hours until my hubby got home to eat).
It looked beautiful delicious on the plate with the sides of brocolli with cheddar (from a package) green beans and spiced apples!

Family LOVED this recipe.  Even the baby ate his food all up! This recipe fed my family of 6 again for under $10 total and there was even one small dish left over for tomorrows lunch( maybe my fellow mistake maker sister will munch on it with the kids tomorrow)!

No comments:

Post a Comment