The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fire and Ice Skillet for Dinner?!

What an interesting meal this one turned out to be.  The name made it sound fun and the ingrediants were simple and in the pantry already.
FIRE AND ICE SKILLET Recipe
1 pkg rice-a-roni Spanish rice
2tbs butter
1 jar (16oz) Salsa
1/3c sour cream
1/4c finley chopped green onions
4 large eggs
1 c cheddar cheese

1. saute rice with butter until golden brown
2. stir in 2 c water, salsa and the seasoning mix from the package.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, simmer on low until tender.
3. Stir in sour cream and onions. Using Large spoon make 4 indentions in the rice and break 1 egg in each of them. Cover, cook on 8 min or until eggs are cooked through.
4. Sprinkle with cheese
Prep time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min

Okay as I said this one was interesting.  I cooked as directions called, but mine turned out more "soupy" than "Ricey".  My indentions never worked so I ended up stiring the eggs in and almost "scrambeling" them until they were cooked through.
My family did like this one and so did The sister, but we all decided it would be a great enchilada filler or dip on chips.  I think The sister ate it as a left over with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips the next day.
I am attaching pictures of what mine looked like but also the cook book page of what it is supposed to look like.
If you try this one, comment so I can know what you do to make it work differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment