The Sisters

The Sisters

Monday, May 9, 2011

Sweet Potato Bacon and Beef Stew in a Bag

Last week in preparing for surgery, I made several meals that I could put in the freezer and have available for my husband to pull out and pop in the oven or in the crockpot without any fuss.  In preparing, I also chose to use what was in my freezer to also get rid of some of my stockpiled meat collection :) I found a deliciously easy recipe for stew in a bag.
Here is what you need
1 Large ziplock Bag
1 Package Beef Stew Meat
2 Sweet Potatoes (cleaned and cut in pieces)
1 small onion
6 pieces of bacon (pre-cooked)
1 can of beef broth
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 can sliced mushrooms

Dump all in your ziplock bag.  Pull out the night before you plan on using it and place it in the fridge to thaw.  Dump in crockpot and cook on low 8 hours!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment